Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

Handmade Daybook!

So yesterday I showed you a completed Amy Tangerine Daybook. Well after being inspired by her books, and the books that my friends in the Facebook Daybook Delights group made, I really wanted to have a crack at making my own. And here is what I made...

The cover...
Here is the inside...
Here is a closer look at some of the inside pages...
 Die-cut page
 Journal card page
 Coin envelope page

I just cannot stop making these cute little albums, and they are a fantastic way to use up papers that you have had lying around. This one was made from a 6x6 Paper Pad by Best Creations Inc called Travel Forever...your can get it from Tracy @ Dies to Die For...HERE. The diecut bits were cut from a sheet of card in the pad, as were all the bits used to decorate under the Hambly overlay that is on the front. The cover itself is made with Bazzill Kraft cardstock...HERE, and I added AC Thickers for the title . I have sewn the spine of this one by using my sewing machine. Don't turn it on or use the foot pedal....use the wheel and turn it manually...you don't want to break the needle going through all the layers.

Watch out for more of these as I have made another three, and will show them to you over the next week...

You don't need a sewing machine to have a stitched spine...I have made three now and used an embroidery needle and foam mat to push holes through all the layers and sew the books by hand. The next book will feature this technique.

6 comments:

CraftygasheadZo said...

I love it Caz. Haven't made my own yet but will do as I have so many papers! I don't have a machine so not sure how to bind them but will probably go for rings or ribbon I think. Take care Zo xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

This is great caz! Love the details...your pages and books are always so fantastic :)

Mau xx said...

Super book Caz, Love the way you have used all the odd papers... Brilliant!
Hugs mau xx

Sonia said...

Caz... wow!, wow! I love your creation.. thanks for your inspiration. Wonderful creation.
Great JOB!
*I don't have a sewing machine but thinking if I could different handmade stitch or with other thing.
-Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Berry said...

This is a superb idea Caz wish I could do this but wouldn't know where to start lol hugs rebekah x

Cookie said...

wow wow wow Caz Its FABULOUS I love this album, You are so clever xx