Search This Blog

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Something different....

As Georgia's 8th Birthday is fast approaching and she wants to have a mini party with 5 of her school friends I thought I could actually manage to make my own invitations...and here they are...
I have made the design using digi elements, the blue part is a "Half Cut" by Amy Woolf, and I have added the party details and a photo of Georgia that I took last Sunday. I then punched some butterflies with my Martha Stewart punch & stamp, and added an image by The Greeting Farm which I coloured with Copics using the following colours...
Skin - E000/E00/E11/R20
Hair - R81/R83
Hairband - BG01/BG05
Clothing - R81/R83/R85/BG01/BG05
The butterflies have been punched out of some Wild Rose Studio paper, and finished off by adding some Stickles in "stardust" to the wings of the butterflies.

The girls I handed them to after school yesterday loved them. I have had to make an extra as one little girl couldn't make it...so Georgia asked another of the girls in her class instead.

5 comments:

Sandybeaches said...

Love the invitations!! Also love popping over to your blog to see what you've been creating...so I'm sending through to you a Beautiful Blogger Award! Thanks for the inspiration:)


http://sandybeachesforme.blogspot.com/2010/05/beautiful-blogger-award.html

Jaspere said...

Wow! These turned out great.

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh these invites are fantastic Caz! I bet all those dear mommies heard why can't I have invites like these! Beth

Unknown said...

Hi Caz,
I just love everything you create, it's just gorgeous.
I bet Georgia was very proud when she was handing these out to her friends and seeing the looks on their faces when they opened them.
We did a digi invite for our daughter for her 7th birthday and she loved they way everyone oooed and aaahd over them.
Hope Georgia has a really great birthday treat.
Georgie x

kaz_za's crafty corner said...

hi caz
what a great invite... i love its ... i bet your Georgia loved her invites...!!!!
kaz_za