Search This Blog

Monday, January 04, 2010

Crafty Angels Weekly Challenge - Recycle!

This week over on the Crafty Angels Weekly Challenge Blog, Kate challenged us to use something recycled on our cards/projects. This had me stumped for a while.....I just couldn't think of anything. After searching for what seemed like an age I remembered I had these cute cards that I got in the Paperchase sale. Originally they were Christmas cards...very simple but they were flocked and foiled and totally stunning, they even came is an equally stunning box (which I am obviously going to do something with....LOL).

So I cut one down so that it would go through by Big Shot and used my Nestabilites to cut the sentiment part out. I then added a couple of cute spotted bows and an image by The Greeting Farm that I coloured with Copics. On the inside I used some gorgeous pearlescent papers that I got from Craftwork Cards and then placed the bit that I punched out of the front on the inside, I covered the "Merry Christmas" with "Happy Birthday" that is also by Craftwork Cards. The feathers and dotty bows are by Craft Fairy.
Here is an image from another angle...
I just got so carried away once I got started that I used the same card but this time all I did was punch the front as I did in the previous card and the did the same inside...this would work to hide any words if the card had already been used.
Finally I made this one using DCWV "Green Stack" which is made from 70% recycled paper...
Basically all I did with this one is use scraps of the paper and then cut out the skunk from the paper add the wording with a ATB tape writer, add a Craftwork Cards sentiment and a little bling.

Be sure to come over and see what the rest of the DT came up with....and maybe even play along with us, and get yourself back in the swing of things...

4 comments:

Kit said...

Great cards. Love the Anya one :o)

Zoe said...

Hello Caz, I love both of the cards and I love The Greeting farm image.
love
Zoe
xxxx

COCO said...

Happy New Year !!!!
wo your card is very gorgeous I love it !! very nice stamp !
hugs coco

Yvonne Randall said...

Hi caz,

Happy New Year to you. I have looked at most of the cards that you made with the feathers and the bows from Craft Fairy and there were so amny beautiful ones that I didn't know where to start. I picked this one as it was so dramatic. Pink and black always look fo good together.
Big hugs
Yvonne