Search This Blog

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Teachers Gifts

As the end of the school year is fast approaching, I have been busy making things for the teachers and their assistants. Here are the first two things I have completed. The first is Georgia's teacher. Recently they went on a very wet school trip to the local Birds of Prey centre....I use the word centre in a very loose sense...it was pretty basic, which proved a bit of a disaster when it rain the whole day and they had to cut the trip short and were back in school just after lunch. Anyway the staff took pictures with each of the kids holding a bird and I managed to snaffle this picture of Georgia's teacher. As soon as I saw it, I knew it would go with a sheet of paper I had left from a kit I got at ScrapFever....All the papers used are by Sassafras Lass and the stickers are by American Craft, and I just added some pen to them to make them stand out more. The canvas and easels were from Poundland last year and I managed to get hold of loads which I have kept hold of as they make fab gifts.

The second canvas is of one of the TA's, she was supposed to be the TA of Georgia's teacher, but due to a member of staff being sick elsewhere in the school they moved her to cover Year 2 as they were about to sit their SAT's...sadly she never got back to her original class and will not be with the next year as she is moving down to the Foundation classes. The picture was one that I took at the Year 2 Leavers Prom last week. The papers are all Bo Bunny with added bling by MAMBI.

I have also decorated little tin buckets with flowers and WRMK designer brads for each of them...and filled them with school supplies. I think they are deserve a bottle of wine too. The clock for Georgia's teacher is almost finished, I just need to get 3 more pictures printed...I printed them too big the first time so they don't quite fit. This leaves just 4 cards to be made....almost done...phew...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Annie said...

wow Caz you are doing a lot for the teachers! In my day they were lucky if they got an apple! Fabulous layouts and love the bling! annie x

Unknown said...

Beautiful canvas Caz, I am sure they will love them I know I would. My kids made a birthday card today and it is really nice. Tx I appreciate all the nice things like that.