Search This Blog

Saturday, February 16, 2008

And there's more...

I received a couple of new Tilda's on Friday, and just had to stamp them straight away. On this one I use "Lapp Tilda" with DCWV cardstock, Dena's Closet "Retro Collection" papers, Doodlebug & Papermania buttons, American Craft ribbons and my ATB tape writer for the "Birthday Wishes". I love the pinks with the blue...such a pretty combination.

The next one has been done using the "Tilda Goes Shopping" stamp, together with DCWV carstock, the same Dena's Closet papers and paper ribbon, and the ATB tape writer for the sentiment, which reads "It's your Birthday, Let's go shopping". I also added some Sakura clear glitter pen to the hair and wings and you can see it in this picture.




The final one for today was made using one of the Sugar Nellie stamps in kit 1. They dropped through my letter box this morning and I just had to stamp them immediately. I really got this set just to get the two boy stamps as I knew they were not going to be released individually. I used DCWV cardstock, Basic Grey "Skate Shoppe" papers and alpha stickers, Quicktuz for the musical notes and ATB tape writer for the rest of the sentiment.


I am starting to see the limitations of my pencils. I am using Derwent Water Colour pencils and I only have a set of 24. Now that may seem plenty, but when you are trying to match into papers...it starts getting tricky. I am often using two colours together and then blending with water...particularly for red, as one is too orange and the other is too pink. I won't have to worry for too long as I went ahead and ordered some Prismacolor pencils....a set of 120 for £59 inc P&P from eBay. They are such a good price as the cheapest I had seen them in the UK was £105 plus P&P....so now I just have to be patient and wait...
Caz
x

1 comment:

Claire said...

Gorgeous - love the colours. Isnt Tilda so adorable!

Hugs
Claire