Search This Blog

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Don't you hate head colds in the summer...

Sorry I have been a bad blogger. I came down with a summer head cold at the beginning of the week, and it has been as much as I could do to keep up with work & Georgia let alone blogging.

So to be honest nothing particularly exciting has been going on here, but then I am sure that is pretty much the norm for the majority of us....there can't be excitement every day/week.

On a crafting front I am taking part in a CJ with some of the fellow members of the ScrapaGoGo Design Team. I was pretty nervous about taking part considering how talented this group of ladies are. I really wanted my CJ to pack some punch, after all I am sending it to the ultra talented Debbie Jewell, DT member for ScrapGenie, Collectively Yours & The Design Collective as well as ScrapaGoGo, so I wanted it to be good..no great. But what should I do, what album should I use... I wanted it to be different. Then I saw some sneaky peeks on Bex's Blog about clear albums being released at CHA in July. I really really wanted to try one, but knew I would never get hold on one before the end of June...so I went off to search 0n eBay and purchased a sheet of A4 4mm clear perspex and some A5 acetate sheets. David has kindly cut the acrylic sheet and rounded the edges for me, and also drilled the holes for the book rings. So my CJ is a clear album, with clear pages...how cool is that. Now I just needed a theme...so I was thinking for days when I had a conversation with a colleague about how we met our partners, and first date horror stories, when suddenly I decided it would be a great idea for a CJ....so First Date Stories was born. So far I have completed the album and decorated the cover with blossoms, HS Ghost heart, Hambly transparency, American Craft rootbeer float thickers and Love Elsie Roxie chipboard buttons, and soft charm and ribbons including some of the Love Elsie Roxie ones... I have started my page using the ScrapaGoGo June kit, and will finish it tomorrow ready for posting on Monday morning. I just need to cut some tags (also acetate) for signing and the do the intro page.

This evening Georgia and I are off to a wedding reception for a couple of hours while David is at work. Tomorrow is the monthly MKScrappers Crop now in our regular new location in Olney...never been to the Olney location before...so should be fun.
Caz
x

2 comments:

Ann Freeman (mafswife) said...

Oh my, that CJ is just awesome!!

Ann Freeman (mafswife) said...

Meant to add hope you feel better soon xx