Search This Blog

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Yippeeeee the weekend is here...

Well The last couple of days have gone by in a huge blur. Thursday morning Georgia woke up at 4am with a stomach ache, and by 5am, she had manage to cover us and our bed in vomit...what a lovely start to the day...covered in blackcurrant juice vomit. So that meant me having to cancel my appointment and stay home with her. Poor little mite lay on the sofa. I told her she had a stomach bug, and her response was "Mummy, Do I have an Ant in my tummy". I tried to explain that it was a virus/germ, but she wouldn't budge from the Ant comment. I explained we have to starve the bug to kill it, and her response was..."If I don't eat or drink anything but water, the Ant will die?" I really tried to stop her calling it an Ant...but gave up trying as it didn't work...LOL

I also have other news......I am finally on a Design Team. I am now an official member of the Scrapagogo Design Team. Having subbed to the kit for almost a year...and loving it, I was so honoured to be asked to join their Design Team. I start from the February Kit, and cannot wait to get my hands on it. If you have not looked at the kit before, check out www.scrapagogo.co.uk, or click on the link to the right of this post.

David got his settlement from General Motors yesterday, and we wasted no time dashing off to Jessops to get our grubby little mitts on a new DSLR. We had decided to get a Nikon D80, with a couple of additional lenses, and we came home £965 the poorer...but oh so happy. David could hardly wait for the battery to charge before playing. We intend to take a few pictures today to give it a good road test.

We are about to set off to visit my family down in Surrey, and tomorrow David's Mum & Dad are coming up to Milton Keynes for the Caravan Show that is on in Middleton Hall this weekend.

Anyway, better leave you with a couple more layouts. This is a picture of my nephew Alex who turns 16 in July this year. Like almost all teenagers, he does not like having his photograph taken. This Christmas I persuaded him to let me take lots of pictures. In all of them he was smiling, but that didn't look right. I mean do you know a teenager smiles? So I asked him to give me his "normal" stroppy teen face, and this is what I got. I did play around with the colour saturation of the picture, so that it is almost black and white, with just a hint of colour in his face and the red hat.
Not sure what he will think of it, but I am pleased.

Anyway, enough for now...better get ready to hit the road.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Congrats on joining the GoGo team - you ae going to have SOOOOOOOOO much fun :D