Search This Blog

Friday, June 30, 2006

More Ramblings...

Well it has been a couple of weeks since my last update, things have been pretty hectic. I attended the funeral of an old school friends Mum. I grew up over the road from them, and they were like extended family, so when Jan lost her 5 year battle with Breast Cancer, it was like losing family. Having lost my own Mum to Pancreatic Cancer 3.5 years ago, I totally understand how they are feeling at the moment. The range of emotions they are about to go through will be varied and intense. They will need each other more than ever, and slowly they will learn to live with the loss.

On a happier note, I recently submitted a few layouts to Jenny Cocks, the editor of Creative Scrapbooking, and to my surprise, she asked me to send a couple of layouts to her. She wants to publish them in the August issue of the magazine, her last as Editor, as from the September issue Mandy Anderson will be taking over. They are going to use "Motley Crew" and "Fairy Princess". I am so over the moon. It will be the second UK magazine that I have been published in, having made it into Scrapbook Inspirations at the end of last year.

Sunday is the Milton Keynes Crop. I was asked this week by Lynsey (one of the organisers) if I could do a LO using this months kit...so here it is. Sorry about the shadow on the LO...the sun has dared to shine on us this week....how damn inconvenient of it when I was trying to photograph a LO...

The kit will contain a sheet of each of the papers in the DCWV Black & White Paper Stack, plus some Bazzill Cardstock. The techniques for this month were stamping and/or sewing. Since I am not very good on my sewing machine, I really must practice, I decided to use my Making Memories Simply Fabulous foam stamps....they are so big, and perfect for titles. I want to get another one done before Sunday, but I have housework to do tomorrow.

Monday is David's Birthday, so tomorrow Georgia will be making him a birthday card, and she may even make him a small cake. My four year old loves to make cakes...unlike her mother...LOL
Like every year David is having a party, but we have postponed it until the 15th as loads of his friends were already busy that day. So in preparation of loads of visitors...it is time for a massive dose of housework...now housework is the equivalent to swearing to any dedicated Scrapper....but needs must. We decorated the lounge earlier this year, so it looks lovely, and the kitchen was done last year...so this weekend David is fitting our new toilet and sink with vanity unit in the downstairs cloakroom, and I will be giving it a lick of paint. I have already started to peel of the wallpaper that has been there since we moved in 5 years ago...so now it has to be painted...that's one way to force me to get painting. While I am painting, I will be touching up the marks in the hallway too...So instead of leaving it to a mad panic.....I am starting early. Well enough from me, I want to get back to some scrapping.

No comments: